Bring on the Boba tea! Whether you’re looking to mix up a delicious brew of bubble tea in the comfort of your own home, at your next dinner party or want to add it to your company’s menu, you’re one step away from doing just that! Popping Boba has all the boba tea items you need to enjoy the deliciousness of tapioca whenever and wherever you are. So, let’s get started.
Ingredients for Making Boba Tea
It’s impossible to make boba tea without the essential ingredients. We've created DIY boba tea kits for at home and for businesses which gives you everything you need to get started.
However, if you're curious to know what you need to make boba tea, here are the things you need to start making bubble tea at home:
- 1/4 cup dried boba tapioca pearls per serving
- 1 to 2 tea bags per serving, any kind
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Milk, almond milk, or sweetened condensed milk
- Fruit juice or nectar (optional) for extra sweetness
Equipment for Making Boba Tea
The next step is to make sure you have the right kitchen equipment – and luck is in your flavour because you don’t need much! The only items you need are common household kitchen equipment that you likely already have, such as:
- Measuring cups
Steps to Making Boba Tea
Now, let’s move on to the good stuff – putting all of the boba ingredients together so you have a scrumptious beverage to enjoy. Here are the basic instructions to making boba tea:
- Measure 2 cups of water for every ¼ cup of boba you’ll be preparing.
- Add the water to a saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Add the boba and continue to stir gently until the boba begins to float to the top.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, cover and let the boba sit for another 12 to 15 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the sugary sweet taste for your bubble tea.
- Bring ½ cup of water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup sugar until completely dissolved.
- Set aside and cool.
Back to the boba pearls…
- Drain the water from the boba and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the boba until fully submerged.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or chill in the refrigerator.
Assemble for a tasty treat…
- Prepare a warm cup of tea.
- Add the boba.
- Add milk (or almond milk) to taste
- Consider adding in some fruit slices for a fruity flavor
- Sweeten to taste with the leftover syrup that the boba pearls were soaking in.
Different Options for Boba Tea
The amazing thing about boba tea is that the options are endless. You can enjoy your tea chilled or room temperature; right away or a couple of days from when you initially prepped it and the flavor possibilities are just as vast! So, grab your boba tea ingredients today and start cooking.
If you really want to take your boba tea to the next level, consider partaking in our Bubble Tea Training Class. This is particularly beneficial for anyone looking to add boba tea to their company’s menu or who is interested in opening up their very own boba tea café! Whatever it is, Popping Boba can help you. We have wholesale boba tea pricing, marketing materials, and so much more.
So, what are you waiting for? Pour yourself some boba tea and enjoy the afternoon browsing through what’s poppin’ on Popping Boba.