Directions for Thai Tea Bubble Tea RecipeThis recipe requires a total of one hour of preparation and is good for about 4 big servings or 6 small servings.
Ingredients for making Thai iced tea:
- 4 cups or 1 liter of freshly brewed tea
- 1 cup or 250 milliliters of evaporated milk
- ½ a cup or 100 milliliters of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup or 250 milliliters of freshly made sugar syrup
- 3 cups or 500 grams of ice cubes
Ingredients for making freshly brewed tea:
- Four pieces Black Tea bags
- 4 cups or 1 liter of room temperature water
Ingredients for making freshly made sugar syrup:
- 1 cup or 200 milliliters of room temperature water
- 1 cup or 200 grams of plain white sugar (you can use sugar free sweeteners for health conscious people)
Directions in making freshly brewed tea:
- Place a sauce pot on the stove. Pour the water into the sauce pot. Turn the heat on to high. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Once the water boils, add the four black tea bags into the boiling water. Let it boil once again. Lower the heat to a simmer and brew for about five minutes.
- Turn the heat off and transfer the tea to a stainless steel bowl. Cover the bowl so as to not let the heat escape while the tea leaves are steeping. Let it steep for about thirty minutes.
- After thirty minutes, take the cover off and let the tea cool down further to room temperature.
Directions in making freshly made sugar syrup:
- Place a sauce pot on the stove. Pour the water into the sauce pot. Turn the heat on high. Bring the water to a boil
- Add the sugar and bring it back to a boil. Let it boil for about two minutes. Bring the heat to a simmer. Stir with a cooking spoon to make sure all the sugar crystals are dissolved into the water.
Procedure in making Thai iced tea (you may have to do this procedure in batches):
- Take your blender out and place it on its’ console. Make sure the blender is clean. If not, wash it with detergent and water.
- Place the freshly brewed tea into the blender. Turn the switch on to medium.
- With the motor running, add the evaporated milk. Next add the sweetened condensed milk. Make sure the condensed milk is well blended into the tea.
- Next pour in the freshly made sugar syrup. Blend for a further 10 seconds.
- Take out your serving glasses and divide the ice cubes into the glasses. Pour the tea mixture over the ice and serve.
*Note: you do not need to make your own sugar mix to save time. You can purchase fructose or substitute with honey.