Directions for Green Tea Bubble Tea Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients to making the best Green Tea bubble tea smoothie:
- 1 cup or 200 milliliters of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh matcha or green tea leaves
- 1 piece fresh piece of Cavendish banana
- 1 cup or 100 grams of freshly picked spinach leaves
- 1 tea spoonful or 5 milliliters of coconut oil
- 1 tea spoonful or 5 milliliters of honey
- 1 cup of crushed ice
For some added flavor:
- Half a cup or 100 grams of freshly picked berries like strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and blackberries
- A third of a cup of fresh, plain, unflavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
Procedure to make green tea smoothie or matcha bubble tea smoothie:
- Create the green tea itself; Set a small sauce pan on the stove. Pour the 200 ml of warm water into the sauce pan. Turn the heat on and set at medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, sprinkle the matcha or green tea leaves into the water then bring it back to a boil. Once the green tea mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat setting to a simmer. Simmer green tea for about 2 minutes. Do not simmer for more than two minutes as this will produce a bitter end product. Turn the heat off and pour the hot green tea into a small bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Peel the banana and slice into one inch slices. Set aside in a bowl with water mixed with a little vinegar. This prevents the bananas from discoloring.
- Take the stems of the spinach leaves and throw away. The stems are quite tough so it is better not to use them.
- Pour the cooled green tea mixture into the blender.
- Set the speed on the lowest and feed the banana slices, add the spinach and blend for ten seconds.
- Next, add in the coconut oil and honey into blender.
- Then add the ice cubes.
- Add all the berries one kind at a time. Wait till the previous berries are well blended before adding the next.
- Then add the yogurt. Make sure to blend the yogurt in well before anything else.
- Then lastly add the powdered milk. The powdered milk will add some creaminess into the smoothie but without the heaviness of liquid milk.